Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tried and True


Even though I'm no longer a student (at this moment) I still utilize books from my program and other than a pharmacology book, I've kept all of my books for HIM and I occasionally refer to them.

Yesterday, I needed to gather some statistical numbers for a project and needed a formula that I haven't used in a very long time, Average Daily Census. I thought I knew the formula but the numbers just seemed wrong. So, I pulled out my "Johns" book, checked the index, realized I was not using the correct formula and found the right formula:

         Total patient days of a period / number of days in the period = Average Daily Census

So I encourage you guys to hold on to your books because you never know when you'll need to pull them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment