Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Welcome to My Life!



HIM Room

The life of an HIM professional is a well hidden secret. Most people don’t even know that we exist professionally. When I tell people my profession they usually respond with, “What do you do, exactly?”

It’s a question that I’m used to answering now so it usually goes something like this, “I’m the person that reads your medical record, make sure it’s complete, legal and private and make sure we get the best reimbursement for taking care of you.” It’s kind of generic answer but it usually gives people some kind of indication as to what I do daily.

Now, if you’re in the profession you know that we do a whole lot more. But this blog is geared more to those that don’t know what we do. Those that are interested or are students and want some sort of insight into this world. It’s a small and isolated world at times but it’s one that I truly enjoy.

I have a YouTube channel where I discuss my education and career so please feel free to visit it. My videos will be used in conjunction with this blog to help those that are interested in the world of HIM. It’s a vast place and I’m just a small part but I will share all that I can.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment