Thursday, May 7, 2015

Making Changes

So, I've spent 3 and 1/2 years at my current hospital and I've decided to make a change. This decision was not an easy one because I love my current hospital but I have a lot of stress. I currently run three departments...HIM, Billing and EHR. I need to slow down and have solitary focus in my work life right now. 

Sometimes you should take the chance to step out and try something new. I've taken a new position as a regional coding manager for a large hospital system that covers several states. It's going to be different to travel and have coders all over the place but I'm looking forward to the challenge. 

Have you ever stepped out on faith with a new job? How did it turn out for you?

7 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I watched your video's 3 years ago on YouTube and was pursuing a BS degree in Health Care Administration at the time which I completed May 2014. I just completed this week my 2 yr online Ahima approved AS in HIT program. Once my degree posts I will apply to sit for the RHIT exam. Yes, I do know what it's like to make a change. I worked in HR for 5 years before being layed off and deciding to go back to school and pursue a different career. 3 weeks before my BS degree in HCA was award I was offered an HIM Manager position for a 145 bed Skilled Nursing Facility. They wanted someone who was pursing an Rhit credential and liked the fact that I would also have a 4 year degree. It's been a year now in this position and I have learned so much. I wanted to say thank you, if it wasn't for your videos on YouTube explaining HIM I would have never been where I am today. I wish you luck in your new position and please keep us updated.

    Take Care,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava, you are very welcome and I'm so glad that digital blip helped you. I hope things are going well and wish you the best of luck.

      Delete
  2. Julie,

    I will be graduating with a degree in HIT soon but I don't feel confident in will know what I'm doing when I get into the field. I'm also not confident about interviewing because I don't have experience. How do I build my confidence and what can I say to a potential employer to make them want to hire someone that will need training and guidance?

    Hope to hear from you,

    Mrs. Houston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Houston,

      I know that I'm super late in responding to you but I hope that your situation worked out. I'd love to know how things are now.

      Delete